Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus review
So, is this the full stop to the Xiaomi Redmi Notes?
Has the Redmi 5 Plus was expected to be the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 but it doesn’t turn out to be the one. But this did not happen! Why?
Because clearly, Xiaomi mobiles planned to launch something fresh and new so they replaced the “Notes” by adding the “Plus”. To get your hands on the complete and quick review of the phone just stay tuned! We are going to have a complete discussion about this new Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus SPECIFICATIONS
- The body of Redmi 5 plus is Metal unibody having a 2.5D glass front.
- The dimensions of the phone are 158.5mm x 75.45mm x 8.05mm weighing 180 grams
- The Screen of the phone is 5.99″ having IPS Liquid crystal display, 1080p (403ppi) plus Gorilla Glass.
- The Chipset holds Snapdragon 625, 8x [email protected], Adreno 506
- The phone supports memory of 3/4GB RAM + 32/64GB storage and a Hybrid microSD slot
- The back camera is 12 Mega Pixel, f/2.2, PDAF, 2160p video @ 30fps
- The phone also has a selfie camera of 5 Mega Pixel, 1080p video @ 30fps
- The Operating System supporting the phone is Android 7.1.2 Nougat, MIUI 9 on top
- The Xiaomi Redmi 5 plus has the power pack battery of 4,000mAh.
- If we look towards the connectivity it has the Hybrid Dual Nano-SIM and LTE Cat4 150/50 Mbps support. Plus Wi-Fi along with the Bluetooth 4.1. GPS, FM radio, and micro USB port etc.
- The phone also has a sensor i.e. the Fingerprint reader/scanner and XIAOMI is beyond perfect when it comes to a fingerprint scanner.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus REVIEW
Overall the phone looks quite catchy and attractive coming with the four elegant colors that are black, gold, pink-gold and light blue. The body of the phone looks quite perfect slim and beautiful gaining the attention of the customers.
The 6-inch screen is the most amazing factor of the phone. As Xiaomi is quite experienced in such kind of screens they have managed to present it with a class apart flaunting the best of the looks a smartphone would ever have.
The phone gives a fresh effect with the perfect and slim bezels. Moreover, a silicon case is supplied in order to protect the back of the phone from the scratches. In short, the feeling that comes at a very first glance is that of a smartphone having the highest price in the market. So, 10 on 10 for the look, body, design and feel that has been flaunted by the new XIAOMI REDMI 5 PLUS.
When it comes to software, the Redmi 5 plus has come up with the MIUI 9 pre-installed. The best feature about them is the dual apps. You can enjoy same apps for two different people and two different accounts. Quite attractive! I know right?! Snapdragon 626 is also a great feature of the phone although it is a medium category chipset.
The camera results are totally on point with a good picture quality and video recording plus the 4000 mAh battery has made the headlines as there are only a few smartphones offering all the above functions with an improved battery.
All in all, in our point of view, the XIAOMI REDMI 5 PLUS is THE best choice as far as the daily and regular use of the smartphone is concerned. Although there is nothing as extraordinary in the phone still rather than going for any other expensive multi-tasking phone having extraordinary functionalities that you may not even understand and use in real daily life, it is better to go with this brand new piece, the XIAOMI REDMI 5 plus.